Hitachi Construction Machinery (Australia) Pty Ltd (HCA) supplies a range of machinery to the construction, mining and forestry industries. Support services include parts supply, maintenance and servicing activities.
HCA strives to ensure all of our operations are completed to minimise risk to all related parties.
HCA is committed to:
• Complying with relevant work health safety and environmental laws, codes of practices and Industry standards
• Promoting a corporate culture of awareness and compliance
• Encouraging continuous improvement in related practices
• Ongoing compliance to OHSAS 18001
• Prevention of injury and ill health
To achieve these goals, we will:
• Educate our workforce in correct procedures and provide instruction and supervision
• Act quickly to eliminate or minimise hazards
• Maintain an effective management system to cover related activities
• Identify, assess and eliminate or minimise risks to the lowest reasonable level
• Provide safe working environment and provide sufficient resources for tasks
• Consult with workers on health, safety and welfare matters and value their opinion
• Hold management responsible at every level for health, safety and environmental outcomes for their areas of responsibility
• Maintain a drug and alcohol free workplace by regular monitoring
• Provide resources and education to ensure no environmental harm is caused
• Set measurable objectives and targets to monitor progress
• Maintain an effective Return to work program to assist injured employees
• Provide adequate resources to enable these goals and objectives to be achieved
HCA takes their responsibility to HEALTH, SAFETY and the Environment seriously.
Every person who works at our Branches or elsewhere on our behalf is responsible for ensuring safe work practices at all times.
Any perceived breaches of company standards, policies, procedures or the HCA Key Safety Promises must be reported and actioned as required. This may include use of the Company discipline process.
Excellence can only be achieved through the participation and cooperation of every manager, worker and visitor.
For any question about this policy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.