Make Your Resume a Winning Sale!
Today’s post is about how to structure a winning sales resume and stand out from the crowd!
We are always on the lookout for great Salespeople, whether it’s to sell our machines, our parts or our service.
Something I’ve noticed lately is that although you spend all day selling, some people struggle to sell when it comes to their resume!
So, I thought I would take some time and give you a few pointers on how to sell you!
Writing a sales resume is very different to other types of resumes for a number of reasons… In most cases, it comes down to the numbers.
Sales roles are essentially the same – What’s not similar are your results, successes and achievements. So, skip the duties of the role and remember to include numbers!
For example, (remembering confidentiality) things like:
- Sales volumes (maximum, average or current)
- The number of clients or customers you manage
- The number of new clients or customers you generated
- The dollar or percentage you’ve increased sales
- By how much (percentage or dollar wise) you’ve exceeded sales goals
To break it all down, here’s some advice on how to structure your sales resume:
- Personal details: We need to be able to get in contact with you, so a mobile number and email address is a must.
- An objective or a goal: What are you looking for? What are your career goals?
- List your previous employers: You need to tell me who you worked for, how long (from month/year to month/year) and your title (also include your territory if relevant). A good tip here is to also give a summary of the company, products and relevant market you worked in. This will give people an idea of your suitability, particularly if you are applying to businesses with similar products and/or customers!
- Education and Qualifications: List any tertiary qualifications or formal courses you have completed.
- References: Leave this off completely as everyone knows you will have references. Instead, have a list you can take to interviews or email through when asked.
I hope this helps you put together a winning sales resume and opens a few more doors! Let us know if you have any questions or need more information.
Recruitment Manager| Hitachi Construction Machinery Australia