Darwin Branch Supports Leukaemia Foundation
The Leukaemia Foundation is Australia's peak body for blood cancer, funding research and providing free services to support people with leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma and related blood disorders, and their families.
Darwin branch has sponsored the local Leukaemia Foundation to the value of $2,000.00. This generous donation will go towards:
• Providing regional, rural and remote families a place to call home when they have to relocated for treatment
• Transporting patients to and from treatment
• Educating patients, families and carers about how to live with blood cancer
• Providing emotional support through face-to-face visits
• Research into better treatments
For Darwin, these funds will help to ensure access to treatment and support for patients continues, especially as many treatments require travel interstate.