Did You Know? Winter 2012
The Hitachi Probe Program is a Hitachi backed fuel, oil and coolant testing facility that enables preventative maintenance through point in time machine fluids analysis.
NATA and ISO accredited laboratory fluid testing from fully qualified chemists provide accurate and prompt sampling analysis and testing reports so that you can make better decisions on maintenance schedules, consumables change out and total machinery life.
Available in kits ranging from single to eleven tests including sampler tubes and overnight courier bags, or by adding an in-line sample fitting to the line, sampling is both easy, quick, and hassle free.
Key oil analysis benefits
- Extends the life of your equipment
- Fault cause and prevention diagnosis
- Condition monitoring and diagnosis for warranty purposes
- Reduction in unscheduled downtime and determination of optimum oil change interval
Key fuel analysis benefits
- Correct quality of fuel for the desired use
- Correct cleanliness of the fuel particularly with CR engine operation
- Contamination by water is not present at dangerous levels
- Sulphur content is consistent with correct type
- Biodiesel content is to specification (Biodiesel influences storage capability)
- Acidity in the fuel is not present at levels which can lead to corrosion
Key coolant analysis benefits
- Correct glycol content for anti-freeze/anti-boil capability
- Solid and dissolved contamination is not present at detrimental levels
- Correct protection by the various additives and corrosion inhibitors
- pH is maintained at correct level for system protection
Read more about genuine oils and lubrication on the Hitachi website.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW THE HITACHI PROBE PROGRAM CAN BE A KEY PART OF YOUR CONDITION MONITORING AND PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE PROGRAM, CONTACT YOUR LOCAL HITACHI BRANCH.
Hitachi Construction Machinery (Australia) Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility for errors or omissions of any kind. All specifications and prices quoted in this publication were correct at the time of printing. However, we reserve the right to make any change without notice.